How to Dampen That UrgeThere are seven major coping skills to help you fight that urge to smoke. These tips are designed for you, the new nonsmoker, to help you nurture the nonsmoking habit.
1. Think about why you quitGo back to your list of reasons for quitting. Look at this list several times a dayespecially when you are hit with the urge to smoke. The best reasons you could have for quitting are very personally yours, and these are also the best reasons to stay a nonsmoker.
2. Know when you are rationalizingIt is easy to rationalize yourself back into smoking (see Common Rationalizations). Don't talk yourself into smoking again. A new nonsmoker in a tense situation may think, "I'll just have one cigarette to calm myself down." If thoughts like this pop into your head, stop and think again! You know better ways to relax nonsmokers ways, such as taking a walk or doing breathing exercises.
Concern about gaining weight may also lead to rationalizations. Learn to counter thoughts such as, "I'd rather be thin, even if it means smoking." Remember that a slight weight gain is not likely to endanger your health as much as smoking would. (Cigarette smokers have about a 70-percent higher rate of premature death than nonsmokers.) And review the list of healthy, low-calorie snacks that you used when quitting.
3. Anticipate Triggers and Prepare to Avoid ThemBy now you know which situations, people, and feelings are likely to tempt you to smoke. Be prepared to meet these triggers head on and counteract them. Keep using the skills that helped you cope in cutting down and quitting:
4. Reward yourself for not smokingCongratulations are in order each time you get through a day without smoking. After a week, give yourself a pat on the back and a reward of some kind. Buy a new record or treat yourself to a movie or concert. No matter how you do it, make sure you reward yourself in some way. It helps to remind yourself that what you are doing is important.
5. Use positive thoughtsIf self-defeating thoughts start to creep in, remind yourself again that you are a nonsmoker, that you do not want to smoke, and that you have good reasons for it. Putting yourself down and trying to hold out using willpower alone are not effective coping techniques. Mobilize the power of positive thinking!
6. Use relaxation techniquesBreathing exercises help to reduce tension. Instead of having a cigarette, take a long deep breath, count to 10, and release it. Repeat this 5 times. See how much more relaxed you feel?
7. Get social supportThe commitment to remain a nonsmoker can be made easier by talking about it with friends and relatives. They can congratulate you as you check off another day, week, and month as a nonsmoker. Tell the people close to you that you might be tense for a while, so they know what to expect. They'll be sympathetic when you have an urge to smoke and can be counted on to help you resist it. Remember to call on your friends when you are lonely or you feel an urge to smoke. A buddy system is a great technique.
| Table of Contents: |
|[Quit Smoking Start Page] [Previous] [Next]|
One great treat of the century was Mr. Paul Newman.
Talk about a great saint! Do you know what Paul Newman did?
Can you see how Paul Newman used shortcuts, MASTER shortcuts,
to slowly earn thousands of dollars, and then several millions of dollars,
and then, as any embracer of the Pathway of One Shortcut would set out to do,
earn hundreds of millions of dollars... which he chose to invest into helping the helpless?
If Paul Newman, in between acting, directing, and apparently enjoying a very happy family life,
could earn hundreds of millions of dollars to invest into helping the helpless that co-exist with greed,
then what, pray tell us, are you capable of contributing when you embrace the Pathway of One Shortcut ?
Paul Newman, pursuing his dreams, failed and struck out before improving his life 50 years in a row!
Paul Newman improved the lives of millions who never knew, millions more who never will know.
Such a life of devotion earns Paul Newman the highest praises of the Pathway of One Shortcut.
May your own life be as long and happy, as rich and giving, as that of the saint, Paul Newman.
May you be perceptive enough to grasp and employ your own Pathway of One Shortcut.
If Paul Newman, who could not pay his family's appliance bill, could rise up so high,
it gets terribly challenging for ANY of us to excuse quitting with "circumstances."
We do not stop something because we failed. We failed because we stopped.
Giving away even a quarter per day, the Pathway of One Shortcut enrichens.
Learn to give away more, and you will learn how to multiply your results.
Let Paul Newman's life, and the lives of your role models, guide you up.
The Pathway of One Shortcut PowerGems work for approximately every human effort.
The Pathway of One Shortcut approach works for approximately everyone.
Never greet the dawn without a map for the day. The more you write, the more you make.
Halt forming opinions until AFTER you take in, and enjoy, a great deal of knowledge and experience.
Paul Newman did not give away hundreds of millions of dollars. He gave away thousands... many times over.
Anything that you do with excellence gets better with observant repetition. Live your own Pathway of One Shortcut.
Give a bit more, and get a bit more. It rarely works the other way around. If it is to be true, then it is exclusively up to you.
IF you are half as bright as you think you are, learn about QRA.
QRA ( Quantum Reflex Analysis) is among the best few things of all time.
The Book of Living Healthier promises that QRA will astound and impress you.
Nothing you have seen or learned in life is even remotely like BDORT and Q.R.A.
No medical protocol that YOU have encountered is even close to BDORT and Q.R.A.
If you love yourself as the Book of Living Healthier loves you, learn BDORT and Q.R.A.
BDORT only takes a matter of seconds to learn, Q.R.A. takes a bit of professional training.
These are portable bidigital tools that you get to carry and use for the rest of your life.
Quantum Reflex Analysis is proving to be the game-changer in 21st century health.
Living the Book of Living Healthier means making use of what proves best to work best, most.
In every walk of life, we have leaders, the masters and champions who are the most worth imitating.
The Book of Living Healthier is sure you will find that learning Quantum Reflex Analysis is a wise decision.
Easy enough for children to learn, and to use, before allowing things to come in or near your body and mind.
BDORT is a one-second test that allows you to test every food, drink, and more, before putting it in or near you.
Quantum Reflex Analysis is the simple identification of what nutrition an organ or gland is most deficient in.
The Book of Living Healthier scours the world for the best of the best. Quantum Reflex Analysis is just that.
Please stop forming opinions on what you know so little of. Those opinions steal from your own Longevity.
First, study your masters and champions, those doing it best. Repeat their efforts to repeat their results.
Hotlinks For Book of Living Healthier Quantum Reflex Analysis Websites - helping you help yourself
QCI.me QRA.Me QRA.name Q-R-A.US Q-R-A.info
www-Shortcuts.com Healthiest.ws Bidigitally.info S.hortcuts.com
Quantum-Reflex-Analysis.info QuantumReflexAnalysis.info Quantum-Reflex.info QuantumReflex.info
Don't be bashful ! Share the Pathway of One Shortcut and Book of Living Healthier